Sunday, July 4, 2010

International Wildlife Museum in Tucson

Hooray stuffed and mounted dead things!

We just got back from the International Wildlife Museum in Tucson, as mentioned in the title, and it was even better than I remembered it as a child.  I was only about eight or nine years old when we went, but twenty some years later I wanted to go again.

Mostly, I just remembered "Goat Mountain"...















There's also a very horrifying room filled with heads.  Hundreds of heads.













(Note broken tail on the lioness in foreground.  At least she hasn't just been tossed away.  I think she's out in front for the kids to pet.)













I just can't resist these places.

Here's some more pictures!!



Demon Deer!!!! ( or elk,  I wasn't paying attention.)













Birds of Paradise.













It's only $7 per adult!  There are also many beautiful insect displays with mounted butterflies, moths, beetles and stick bugs.

















So, if for some reason you ever end up in Tucson, you have to go.  That's an order.

No comments:

Post a Comment